Life Sciences Venture Opportunity: Pitch for Capital in New York City
Are you a Canadian Life Sciences Entrepreneur looking for capital to grow your business? The Consulate General of Canada in New York and the New York Venture Capital Association are hosting a Canada + NY Life Science Investor Forum in NYC on March 14-15, 2016, featuring a delegation of leading life sciences entrepreneurs from Canada. Designed to build connections between the Canadian entrepreneurs and US capital, the Forum will include workshops, an investor round-table, pitch practice sessions and one-on-one investor meetings (approximately 3 per company) and a 4-minute pitch to NYC investors.
Features and Benefits:
- Investors: Access to leading life sciences investors in New York City; 4 minute pitch to a group of 50 NYC investors, and 3 targeted one-on-one meetings with investors per company.
- Education: Learn how to value your company the right way and the company/financial data you’ll need to back up your numbers; key fundraising mistakes most make and how to avoid them; an opportunity to practice your investor-related pitching skills during an informal “Shark Tank” planned for the day.
- Business Development: Connect with Trade Commissioners about opportunities in the US.
Entrepreneurs Selection Criteria:
- Sectors: companies should be focused in the life sciences, medical devices, Health IT and health and wellness sectors.
- Operating history: Minimum one (1) year operating history.
- Market traction: Existing revenues, customers, and/or investment.
- Business plan: Business plan that demonstrates understanding of long-term finances, operations, and strategy (Should be available upon request)
- Capital need: Emerging companies Post-Seed Round Funding
Application and Deadline
Applicants should provide the following:
Complete application form, and Investor Pitch Deck.
Entrepreneurs should send their materials to Vincent Finn via email at Vincent.email@example.com no later than Wednesday, February 17th at 5 pm. Please reference "Life Sciences Venture Opportunity Application" in your email subject line.